Myler Western Bit Flat Shank with Sweet Iron Low Port Comfort Snaffle
Myler Stainless Steel 7" Flat Shank with Sweet Iron Low Port Comfort Snaffle with Copper Inlay Mouth. This mouthpiece is made of polished Sweet Iron which naturally oxidizes or rusts. Harmless to horses, it has a sweet taste and promotes salivation. This Myler bit is a good bit for horses in the beginning stages of training and those needing some tongue relief.
|Design: The shank consists of a length of metal with two rings and a fixed mouhtpiece attachment. The mouthpiece is curved with a low-ported center barrel. 3/4" Port.
- Shanks are used for leverage and, typically, with a curb strap or chain. Depending upon the mouthpiece used, backward and upward pressure on the reins transfers into downward pressure on the poll, pressure on the curb, and forward and downward pressure on the palate. The tops, or purchases are bent away from the horse to prevent discomfort or rubbing.
- Pressure on tongue and corners of the bars.
- Slight collapse on the bars.
- Tongue relief before restriction.
- Independent Side Movement.